Benzyl Alcohol is an aromatic alcohol used in a wide variety of cosmetic formulations as a fragrance component, preservative, solvent, and viscosity-decreasing agent. Benzyl Alcohol is metabolized to Benzoic Acid, which reacts with glycine and excreted as hippuric acid in the human body.
|Items of analysis||BP2000||USP29|
|Appearance:||Colorless,transparent and oily liquid||Colorless,transparent and oily liquid|
|Purity (% ):||98.0-100.5||98.0-100.5|
|Relative density (20C):||1.043-1.049||1.043-1.049|
|Refractive Index (ηD20)||1.538_1.541||1.538_1.541|
|Acidity||≤1ml,0.1M NaOH/10ml||≤1ml,0.1M NaOH/10ml|
|Benzaldehyde||≤0.15% (Injection≤0.05% )||≤0.05|
|Impurity in total before Benzyl alcohol||_||≤0.02|
|Impurity in total after Benzyl alcohol||_||≤0.2|
|Halogen compound (ppm):||≤300||≤300|
|Residue on evaporation (%):||≤0.05||≤0.05|
|Clarity of solution(2+60):||CLEAR||CLEAR|
|Grape Seed Oil||8024-22-4|
(1) Benzyl alcohol is a good middle boiling point solvent.
(2) The main applications:paint solvent; ink solvent; plexiglass solvent; photographic developing agent; PVC stabilizer; medicine, synthetic resin solvent; ointment or liquid medicine; solvent for meat products stamp-pad ink and ball-point pen oil.
(3) It is used for carpet degreaser; crater cleaning agent; silicone solvent stabilizer; benzyl ester or ether intermediate.
(4) Benzyl alcohol is a kind of very useful perfume fixative. It is an indispensable spice when jasmine, tuberose or ylang is mixed, and used to compound soap and daily cosmetics.
(5) Benzyl alcohol is used as a general solvent for inks, paints, lacquers, and epoxy resin coatings.
(6) It is also a precursor to a variety of esters, used in the soap, perfume, and flavor industries. It is also used as a photographic developer.